About the Award
The BCYF Innovation Awards by the Benita and Catalino Yap Foundation (BCYF) in partnership with the University of Asia and the Pacific, Department of Science and Technology (DOST), TEVSAPHIL, and presented by iRemit Inc.
The Award was conceived to recognize Innovations in 4 categories, namely: Government Service, SME’s (for product, processing, manufacturing, and service), TechVoc Education, and Agri-Business, which in its own have significantly made a difference in the lives of the people.
What is Innovation?
Innovation may be a product, service, technology, or an initiative, that when applied, is able to transform the organization or sector concerned in a demonstrable and measurable improvement impact and is sustainable.
The choosing of the 4 categories went through rigorous discussions over a period of time. For a country like the Philippines, and a region like ASEAN, the four categories were selected because they represent four sectors that will significantly influence social development in this society.
- The Innovation should be an existing endeavor which was initiated in the last five years.
- The Innovation must have been implemented in a functioning and registered organization and/or business.
- The person, or team applying must have been the one who conceptualized, and implemented the innovation.
- The person, or team applying must be able to show that the Innovation produced significant and measurable improvement / transformation from before.
- The organization or business where the Innovation was implemented must be sustainable and viable.